We represent buyers and sellers at all stages of a residential and commercial real estate transaction, from the negotiation of terms through the closing.
We represent commercial and residential landlords with lease negotiations, lease violations, nonpayment issues, ordinance violations and evictions.
From mechanic’s liens to condominium conversions, we represent contractors, subcontractors, developers and others involved in a variety of construction-related claims.
Do You Have A Case?
Have A Question About Evictions?
We assist commercial and residential landlords with all aspects of the eviction process.
Get Answers Here
A Qualified Chicago Real Estate Firm
At The Payne Law Office, Chartered, we provide experienced and knowledgeable representation to clients throughout the greater Chicagoland area. When you hire us to help you with a real estate, estate planning matter or civil claim, we will devote our undivided attention to every detail of your case. We place a high priority on personal service, responding promptly to all your calls or emails, so that your questions will be answered in a timely manner.
Diverse Experience Designed To Protect Your Investments
We provide comprehensive and knowledgeable legal counsel on matters involving:
- Residential real estate — We represent Illinois buyers and sellers at all stages of a residential and commercial real estate transaction, from the negotiation of terms through the closing. We work hard to protect any unsatisfied contingencies for buyers, and work closely with sellers to ensure that you comply with the provisions of the agreement and pass clear title to your buyer. We also provide similar services on commercial real estate transactions.
- Landlord-tenant law — We represent both landlords and tenants, but focus our practice on the rights of landlords. We will help you address all breach of lease/tenancy issues with your tenant(s), including nonpayment of rent or other lease violations and ordinance violations, including violations of the Chicago Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance (RLTO). We handle all matters related to eviction proceedings, from start to finish.
- Mechanic’s liens — We advise general contractors and subcontractors on all issues related to mechanic’s liens. We will help you file, perfect and foreclose a lien, and will work with you to enforce all your rights under a lien.
- Condominium conversions — We work with developers, buyers and investors, helping you comply with all statutes and ordinances governing condo conversions. For developers, we will prepare all contracts or reports, including the property report and engineers report, required during the process so that you will meet all disclosure requirements under the law.
- Wills and trusts — We assist individuals who want to put together an effective plan for the distribution of property upon death. We also prepare all the documents required, including wills, trusts (revocable and irrevocable), powers of attorney, living wills and advance health care directives.
- General civil litigation — We know that not all projects go smoothly. We represent individuals and commercial entities engaged in a wide variety of civil claims, including construction disputes, breach of contract claims, collections, probate litigation and small claims.
Discuss Your Case With Us Today
Contact lawyer Matthew S. Payne by calling 773-467-8991 or toll free at 888-827-3077. You may also send us an email using our online contact form. We are located conveniently on the northwest side of Chicago, with easy access to the Daley Center, as well as the courthouses in Skokie, Rolling Meadows and Maywood. Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are welcome.
Se habla español.